Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 18, 2005

Choices

Enormous time and energy has gone into the online world of Joseph Duncan. Every day, there's yet another disturbing path to follow; another theory to examine; another clue to link. It's engulfed my life, and many others.

I don't want to wallow in his vile world at the expense of my own - yet it's very hard to put the research aside. I have to make a conscious effort. So today, I am going to remember the living.

Today, I choose to visualize Shasta some years down the road as a child who blows bubbles in her backyard and giggles at slumber parties with her friends.

My children are safe. I choose, today, to laugh with them while we slide down the stairs on an old cardboard box.

My neighbor found, and adopted, a stray kitten. It was starving and covered with fleas a week ago, but is now fat, goofy, and clean. Because of the Duncan cesspool, I haven't seen the kitten yet, although everybody in my neighborhood is talking about it. I think I'll go pet her, and maybe drag a string around the yard for her to chase. I can do this.


Can I move in and out of my life. and the mind of Jet? I don't know yet - but I'm going to try. I want to smile again.

0 Comments: