Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Just wonderin....

Folks - knowing that the Point was (relatively) spared, and also knowing that nobody can come home for quite a while... is anybody interested in allowing their empty homes to be used in some fashion?

I'm kind of thinking out loud here.... bear with me.....

There are obvious concerns, not the least of which surround personal valuables, etc.

What (if anything) might make sense? If they set up "command operations" on the Point, I suspect there'll be some housing needs. I guess that's one approach.

If they are trying to shelter the masses from across the river, that's somewhat more problematic - but it's an obvious need.

Maybe there's some way for the authorities to make a "case-by-case" request for shelter, and if somebody was willing, they could make their home available in that instance.

Let me know what you think. I feel that there's some potential to the idea, but discussion would be good. The local authorities may not have the cycles right now to even consider any ideas.... but it's worth thinking about.

If anybody's interested, I'm willing to talk to the folks "on the scene".

1 Comments:

  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger zennessee said;

    first, i appreciate all the info so far. but since everyone else is asking about their houses, i guess i will also.

    if you have anyone in the area, i live at 236 verret, i guess down the block from edwardnyc. any info about my place would be lovely. as i guess, i wont be seeing it for a while.

    thanks again for compiling all this info, it has done wonders to ease our minds.



     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home