Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Light in the Darkness

Like all of you, I am in anguish over what is happening in New Orleans. As relieved as I am about the situation in Algiers, I know that the people in the rest of the city and surrounding areas are living through absolute hell on earth right now.

I am very afraid for the "Big Easy". I am terrified for my baby brother, who is a Police Officer working in the midst of the madness right now. I'm sick as I read the horrific descriptions of the destruction, flooding, fires, and looting.

Just as you are.

So when this was shared with me today, I thought it might help you, too. The human spirit shines in the woman who called the local police department substation today.

She told them she knows that everything in her freezer is going to perish without electricity - and so she's started cooking. She plans to cook it all, knowing she can't possibly consume it or store it. So she has told the people at the substation to please come by, as/if they are able, and eat.

Bless you, Sandy, for sharing and caring.

0 Comments: