Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

More from Algiers

Many of you have written to ask about specific addresses. I have passed these along to my friends there on the Point. However, they will not be able to get out again until perhaps sometime tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find out.

Don't know if I've told you that they seem to have only one radio station working there (is this possible?), and any news they have comes from that source.... or me. I've found myself in the very odd position of keeping them in the loop on events in the city.

Still quiet in old Algiers, although they're seeing quite a few helicopters flying overhead. (Earlier, the aerial activity was across the river.)

They also saw a big dump truck of some kind, pushing and moving downed trees off the road on Opelousas Street. Can't imagine there are any organized clean-up efforts underway yet, so I'm guessing that's a civic-minded individual trying to jump start life. We're going to need many of those types of folks in the coming months.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Polimom said;

    isn't Bristol Place right off of MacArthur, not too far from Kabel Drive? I used to live on Hudson Place, and Bristol sounds familiar... but maybe I'm mis-remembering?



     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Mac said;

    Just trying to spread the word--there are check-in sites here
    and also here.

    God bless, and be as safe as you can.



     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Polimom said;

    Thanks, Mac. I published the link to the newsgroup in the links section.



     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger gowiggle said;

    Does anyone know how Inwood Ave... specifically 3746 Inwood faired? My friend's house is there and she has no online access right now... just would love to get her some info so she can rest a lil easier.



     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home