Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

More Good News!

Ha - I love hearing good news!

They've announced on the radio that the water levels have stabilized. Not rising any more! Major effort going now to close those breaches. (I got to listen to the local radio over the phone - too funny!)

And so you know all is not terrible - the people on Slidell St. on the Point are having steak right now. They wanted you to know.

For those asking about Eliza Street - they walked the first four blocks this morning. Everything they saw (100s, 200s, and 300s) looked fine. No major problems noticed.

Regarding Bermuda St - it might feel good to hear that the magnolia tree in the park is still standing.

More later...

3 Comments:

  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger KathieB said;

    We live in the Algiers Riverpoint development at Atlantic and Patterson. We were worried about an 87-year-old neighbor who was at the Hyatt ... Learned this morning that Betty and her brother George sailed out of New Orleans on the Creole Queen, piloted by her nephew Brian! Thought I'd share some GOOD news!



     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Melissa said;

    Thank you so very much for the information you are providing. If your Kabel Street "source" is still around, is there any chance he/she can check on 3560 Rue Mignon for me? I've got a huge oak in the front yard that I'm hoping has spared my home, and my neighbors. Thank you again.

    ME in FL



     
  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger Nolatina said;

    any word on 600 verret st.?



     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home