Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

No - there's no power

I keep seeing rumors floating around on the boards about power in Algiers. The short answer is, "there is NO power in Algiers".

The long answer is that rumors are everywhere, including Algiers. But nobody I've talked to actually has power, or knows of anybody with it.

What Algiers DOES have, that really is amazing, is water, gas, and phones.

Oh - and about those phones - I have received a few calls from Algiers Point now. So I know of at least one house that is working pretty well. That may not be universal. I have gotten through to them, however, almost every time.

And while the cell phones are not working, I've been told that text messaging does seem to be getting through. If all else fails, try that. (I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to.)

Neighborhood updates coming in a few...

1 Comments:

  • At 3:04 AM, Blogger Sarah said;

    I've been calling a friend on the point and her phone seems to keep ringing although her answering machine is obviously off.

    Any word on Bodinger?



     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home