Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

An Uneasy Night

I wish I could end this day with some good news for all of you... but I can't. Things are unraveling in the city at an extraordinary clip, and I cannot begin to comprehend the horror.

WWLTV.com reports that Mayor Nagin has stated the 3,000 pound bags (actually, I was told "sand cargo boxes") never arrived - so the attempt to stop the breaches was not successful. Furthermore, the pumps there at the 17th Street canal have now failed.

I'm so very sad. Yet Algiers was spared, and I've managed to connect to all but one of my friends and loved ones - those who stayed, and those who evacuated.

I hope, when I come back online in the morning, things will be somehow better.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger Meredith said;

    Polimom, thank you so much for taking the time to keep everyone updated through your blog. I lived in Old Aurora (Norland Ave.) for several years, so New Orleans, and Algiers in particular, are near and dear to my heart. My heart breaks for what has happened to New Orleans and its residents. I just can't express my anguish adequately. Bless you all.



     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home