Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Coming Home - Geographical Disadvantage

So - here's where we are right now about Algiers:

I've spoken three times now with the Legislative Resource Center, who has been trying to work the issue with the authorities over on the West Bank.

The answer is no.

Orleans Parish is NOT authorized to return, and Jefferson Parish authorities will not allow Algiers to pass through.

The problem, of course, is that "there's still so much water in Orleans Parish". I confess that the conversation became somewhat circular, as I continued to point out that Orleans Parish includes a dry place on the West Bank, and they continued to be understanding... but inflexible.

They suggested I try to talk to the Jefferson Parish authorities about it. I did try...the circuits are busy there (duh).

I'm so sorry.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Nick Spetsiotis said;

    I just listened to Jackie Clarkson on WWL radio (Sep 4th, 7:30pm CST) state that people from Algiers are NOT going to be allowed back and that Algiers may be going into Military lock down due to the fact that many authorities and agencies are basing out of Algiers.

    She also said, there was minimal roof damage, there is till running water and flushing toilets.

    Will send more as I learn it.



     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home