Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 02, 2005

From the Firehouse

I called to touch base with the firehouse about supplies, news, etc. Chief Holmes assures me that everything is fine. He informed me that Rep. Arnold is sending two truckloads of food trucks for distribution. They are delivering them to the Little Sisters of the Poor. That's a good thing.

I asked him if he has any information about power. I understood him to say that the focus is on the "infrastructure", bringing up the business and financial sections (like the CBD) first. I asked him about the power in Gretna, and he was not aware that they have power. Maybe they don't? Hmmm.

Finally, I asked about the gunfire. He said he has not heard any (?), and that all the problems are on the East Bank. I gave him specifics (see previous posts), and he said he'd "pass the information along". Once I got specific, he recalled "hearing something about it". I strongly suggested he / they check in with Vinnie's block.

So - this really is very interesting. Not sure what to make of it.....

2 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger azulterra23 said;

    Hi! I've been triying to follow up all the information you are posting here. Thanks God I don't have family there, but I still worry for so many people in such a situation. Could be me and my baby there suffering, I know the normal media sometimes( lets be nice) doesn't say the whole story, so I read places like yours to have a better idea of what the people is really living. I'm praying for all of you, for all the confution to end and make the process of start again after the storm.
    You metion something about "Vinnie's block" and you have post other things with Vinnie on there. Sorry my ignorance and if I'm lost but could you direct me, so I can undartand better. I know you have more important things to do, so if you think there is no time for this, I understand. Keep the god job, you are helping a lot of people and that is great.
    God bless you all.



     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger "THE" Rob Cerio said;

    dd,
    where is keylee? I'm her next door neighbor, Rob, and have been worried sick that she and Jack may have stayed. Now, I'm glad she got out, but am worried about Jack...



     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home