Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

From the Mail and Comments

Good morning!

Yesterday felt downright schizophrenic to me. There was so much conflicting information coming from "official" sources that obviously contradicted the reality coming from Algiers itself.... I'm sorry for those of you who no doubt followed all that with bewilderment. I posted a topic about the Mayor's announcement in the forums. It might be a good place to discuss the situation. There's a lot to talk about at the moment.

I have a few things to share from others, not the least of which are some actual PICTURES! Thank you thank you Alastair! (I recommend using the slideshow...) Click here: http://algierspointimages.shutterfly.com/action/

Another person sent a fairly comprehensive description of how they went back in, what they saw generally and in Rue Parc Fontaine, etc. I've posted that email here: http://www.polimom.com/node/120/289#comment-289

And finally - I was asked to post this particular email by the sender. I don't have a forum for the topic, and am not planning to open one, although I have heard this message from many of you. Please know that your letters have all been received with gratitude (and often with tears). I'm just glad to have helped some.

"I have no idea who you are; why you are so concerned about our Point; and have no idea how to log on to your blog (please give me directions if you have time). Every day, many many many times a day, I go to your blog. In any case, once we have returned, something, even if it is my house, will be named in honor of you. Where you came from, I don't know. I don't really understand blogs.

To me, you are this mystery person who has kept the Point together. Thru you, I got in contact with someone who went to my house to see its condition. It is in pretty good condition. Do you have any idea what that means to me and my family? That everything we have is not lost? I hope you do. We can now go on trying to help without worrying that we have nowhere to return to.

God bless you. You will forever be remembered in the Point. Please send this to all of your readers"

For me, it is indescribably rewarding to have helped all of you over the last ten days. Communities need one another, and people need hope. You are very welcome.

More later...

UPDATE: I have posted an email from Rep. Jim Tucker (with permission from the sender). You can read it here: http://www.polimom.com/node/146

0 Comments: