Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 02, 2005

Hopeful Feeling

Hello Algiers!

I've heard from so very many travelers today. Seems like people are starting to arrive at their destinations. I'm so glad you're checking in.

Live video on my tv is showing a great deal of activity, now, in the city. I'm sure you're all watching. Troops are arriving, and more are on their way. Some folks in New Hampshire let me know that New England's support effort will be staging in Alexandria.

I talked to the Point a little bit ago; they were worried about the thick, billowing black smoke and circling helicopters. I told them I think that's probably the ship I've heard is burning on the river. That was the only thing going on, right then, that was worrisome! What a nice change for them.

I feel more hopeful now. I really would like to get back to where we started with this thing - focusing on good news and trying to help!

It's really been a long week, don't ya think?

1 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Heidi Rau Duncan said;

    The Subway fire on Tchoupitoulas near the W Hotel was NOT put out. There is no water pressure for them to use to do this. In fact the fire consumed the Subway bldg up to the roof and then caught the adjacent building on fire as well. No word yet if that ever stopped.

    Also, there was a warehouse on fire. The news kept saying it was in Algiers, but when they zoomed in on the building, there was a 947- phone number on the wall, which is a Bywater extension. I think the curves in the river messed up their orientation. Then again, one reporter said that Metairie was on the Westbank!



     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home