Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I Recommend Cherry Pie

I'm feeling much better, now that I've polished off the last of the cherry pie and had a drive around Katy. It's wondrous what a home-made pie can do for the soul! Best thing I can think of for Hurricane Anxiety!

The drive around Katy was interesting. It's an absolute zoo out there on the roads, folks! Even the staff at the pet store was coming apart at the seams. (We were there for a scheduled puppy training class, that got cancelled - seems the instructor is evacuating from the Galveston area tonight.)

One of the things that struck me during my drive was that I saw only one window boarded. But every supply store for miles around is completely sold out of plywood. So where is it? Unless I start seeing windows being covered tomorrow, I'm just going to assume folks are planning to dine on plywood if their food runs out.

The gas situation is a joke, too. Mason Road (a main N-S artery) was bumper to bumper for miles. It wasn't until I'd crawled my way through 5 or 6 intersections that I found the source... the right lane was a gas line for one of the few open stations.

All in all, though, I'm feeling better about things. Not because I don't think we're gonna have a storm, cuz we definitely are. Certainly not because everybody's calmly going about their normal routines, cuz they're not. Guess it must be that cherry pie workin' on me.

0 Comments: