Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 02, 2005

I see I need to clarify those barricades

I need to revisit, I think, the description of the barricades and the evacuees.

I did not say the barricades were to keep people from doing damage. The reasons for the barricades, I was told, included the evacuees' safety (there are flooded streets near some exits), and the lack of any relief or aid available there for them.

I have had so many questions about the looting around Algiers, and whether that was the result of, or enhanced by, the people who crossed the CCC. The reality is that the looters on the West Bank are from.... well.... the West Bank.

1 Comments: