Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 02, 2005

Rumor control - power, looting, and squatting

There are rumors floating everywhere, of course, and it's hard to confirm some of them, but these three subjects popped out at me.

  1. Power: I was told this morning that yes, some lights are on in Gretna (it can be seen in the night). Specific to AP: I was informed that two Entergy trucks have been seen since Katrina. Neither was carrying repair equipment, and no activity has been spotted yet. They may still be assessing.
  2. Looting: The looting on AP seems to be confined so far to businesses / commercial buildings. However, it is very hard to know for sure.
  3. Not sure what to make of the term "squatting". There are implications to it that bother me.
If you can confirm or deny rumors, I'll be glad to try to get them up. Please let me know the source, though.

0 Comments: