Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Several Updates about Rita

Things are changing minute by minute. Rather than try to paraphrase these, I think on this post I'll just give you the links I am looking at right now:

Jeff Master's Wunder Blog has an excellent discussion and graphic about the coastal flooding potential.

This morning, Eric Berger's SciGuy blog gave very helpful info regarding when to expect the winds to start up in the Houston area.

The Wunder Blog (linked above) and this Houston Chronicle article, both hold out hope for everyone in the form of potential weakening to a Cat 3.

The news from Katy is much brighter now, and I'm less stressed about staying. For all of you, though, who are along the coastal areas - if you haven't left yet, GET GOING!

When this is all over (again), I hope everyone checks back into the neighborhood forums. I'll be looking for you there...

0 Comments: