Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Sunday, September 04, 2005

An Update while we're waiting

I still don't have a clear answer about a return. The good news is that they seem to understand the question! One way or another, we'll know something soon.

In the meantime, I have a (very little) bit of info about the overall security in Algiers.

The Point patrols continued throughout the night, and the people I talked to this morning are feeling much safer. As a result, I've asked for some reconnaisance, (only if it can happen safely), into other parts of Algiers. They're starting to feed back some much-needed info:

  • They say the military presence extends down General Meyer, at least to Kabel, and things looked pretty quiet to there from the Point. (That's as far as they went.)

  • However, for those thinking of coming into Algiers from Jefferson Parish.... somebody went toward Gretna, and that is not a permeable barrier. There are barricades at the Parish line, and they are guarding with shotguns.

More soon...

0 Comments: