Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Updates for the Point

First and foremost - there have been a few queries about individuals who did not evacuate, and from whom there has been no word. I have passed those on, and will let you know when I can.

There have also been some queries about the condition of the levee. I'm told that the water level has dropped in the river. All is okay, at least on the Point. They have not heard anything about problems further downriver.

If you are reading this blog, and your home was remodeled by Vinnie (you know who you are and where those houses are...) - he said to tell you they are all great. He gave me four specific addresses, and I forgot to ask whether there are others he's done that he hasn't checked. If you're curious whether yours is in my list, please write... I'd love to share some good news with you!

To the many folks who have asked about the 300 / 400 blocks of Elmira... there are apparently neighbors there who stayed, and they're keeping the best eye on things they can.

The 300 / 400 blocks of Verrett look really good. He's going to go back and check the 200 block.

Verrett at Patterson - house is fine.

700 / 800 blocks of Pelican - no problems, other than a couple of houses with some shingles blown off.

Specific addresses that I had ready to go have been passed on. I'll let you know.

More to come...

1 Comments: