Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Vignettes

Some from the mail and some from the phone. All from Algiers...

"We can't fire a warning shot - shooting will bring armed residents from all around the area immediately. I feel really sorry for looters who try to come in here."

"My brother-in-law had been uptown in the Carrolton/Claiborne area with no way to get out. I told him that my pickup was in Algiers with a full tank of gas if he could get to it.

He and a neighbor and 2 dogs were able to make their way up to the bridge area, get on a hijacked RTA bus (with the dogs-which no one wanted to let on) and cross the bridge. They let them out on Stumpf Blvd.and they walked up in to the Point.
Upon reaching my home they found my truck with a flat tire. Could be why it had not been stolen. Also there is lock on the gas cap - so no one had siphoned. They were able to change the tire while shooting was going on up the street on Vallette with help from the Griffins across the street. Apparently the Griffins questioned them extensively before remembering him as my brother in law and helping with the tire. Thank you to the Griffins for helping out. I truly owe them one."

"It was a very quiet night here on "our" block watch. We heard some gunfire, but it was some distance from us."

"We have access to a cigarette machine, but it has stopped taking quarters. Still takes bills, though..."

"In the night, we saw a mini-convey of police patrolling - about 3 cars together. They passed by several times."

More later...

0 Comments: