Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Word from the LRC

I was just called with the official answer from the Legislative Resource Center. They tell me this comes from Representatives Arnold and Tucker.

They are clearing the parish, and "physically removing people from both the East and West Banks at this time."

If you are seen on the streets, "they'll ask you to leave or physically remove you".

I asked, just to be clear, whether we were talking about a permanent return, or just to get belongings. The Orleans Parish stance, apparently, is not even to come in and leave again.

They would not comment on any timeline, other than the West Bank may possibly be able to get in before the rest of the parish.

I guess the short answer is, "No".

2 Comments: