Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Condi v. Hillary 2008

Some rumors are just more interesting than others, and while this article seems to be pretty far out in Speculation Land, I can’t help playing with the results in my mind. Paul Bedard at USNews.com wrote,

Sparked by today's Washington Post story that suggests Vice President Cheney's office is involved in the Plame-CIA spy link investigation, government officials and advisers passed around rumors that the vice president might step aside and that President Bush would elevate Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
Wow. The mind boggles. I have to confess that, although I have no enormous fondness for Condi, I really do not like Cheney. So I didn’t try to hold my mind back at all with the possibilities that could result.

The GOP is in major trouble. They have already fallen from favor due to the ongoing mess in Iraq, and the public’s faith (so to speak) in the Bush administration has been further eroded by Katrita. A Democrat – almost any Democrat – should be a shoo-in in 2008.

But then I thought about Condi as an administration incumbent in the next presidential election. Hmmmm…..

Now - just for fun - imagine Hillary getting the Democratic nomination. There’s a thought to put the world a-spinning on a different axis. One doesn’t have to see this as the best choice (although some might) to have a lot of fun thinking about it!

It would make a cool bumper sticker: Condi v. Hillary 2008.

0 Comments: