Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 24, 2005

I'll Show You Mine...

FEMA has backed down (sort of) from the "no guns in the FEMA trailer housing" position. From WWLTV.com

Residents can now possess and store firearms in trailer parks or other temporary housing set up for hurricane victims by the Federal Emergency Management Agency under a new policy announced Monday.

Use of weapons is still prohibited in the parks, according to FEMA spokesman Butch Kinerny.

I can only guess at FEMA's thinking here, but maybe the expectation is a resident in a temporary trailer will tell an intruder, "Go away, or I'll show you my gun!"

Ya think?

1 Comments: