Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Wilma

Wilma. I can't help it, I think of the Flinstones.

It's a totally innocuous name - or was. Overnight, Wilma went from Cat 2 to Cat 5, with the lowest mb pressure on record - a very intense storm.

For the many along the MS/LA/TX coast who've already been wiped out by back-to-back storms, Wilma does not currently look like a threat. They're predicting this vicious hurricane to take roughly the same path Charley took into Florida in 2004 - you can see the 3 day projection here.

Doesn't look at all good for southern Florida, though. I suspect they're gassing up and getting ready to go.

0 Comments: