Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Of Course! What Was I Thinking?

Go figure. All this time, I’ve been thinking that getting kids back in school quickly was why some folks have been bugged about re-vamping the Orleans Parish schools. Obviously (thought I), it will take more than a day or two to fix a system so appallingly broken, and these kids have suffered enough.

Silly me! Turns out the objections being raised by the teachers unions in NOLA didn’t really have anything to do with whether Susie or Johnny get a good education any time soon.

The unions' main objection: the bill would not require any entity taking over a New Orleans school to recognize the existing collective bargaining agreements.

Guess I shoulda known that it was all about the MONEY.

0 Comments: