Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Playing the Lawsuit Lotto

It’s kinda fun to take a day off from the blog now and then. I haven't done that in so long, I’d forgotten! And wouldn’t you know it: interesting events continued to occur while I spent the day doing “mom” things.

I could talk some more about the “Paris riots” (hardly an appropriate moniker any more), but curfews and massively increased police presence seem to be having some effect: only 617 cars set on fire last night…(sigh…)

Or there’s the latest on Alito, who seems increasingly appropriate for the Supreme Court. (I still can’t figure out why we ever had Harriet Miers up for consideration, can you?)

The story I like the best, though, continues to be the man who was somehow glued to a toilet seat in a Home Depot. Not only was the original story one of the funniest I’ve read for some time, the Rocky Mountain News has come out with information that makes this sound like that mysterious “finger in the chili” episode some months back. The man denies he’s ever been glued down before, but it seems a bit suspicious that he’s willing to take a polygraph test if a news organization pays for it.

No telling where the truth lies about this yet, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out he’s been gluing his bottom to every stationary object he came across for years, hoping to hit the Lawsuit Lotto.

We really need to close that loop one of these days, folks. Even if we later hear that the Home Depot toilet seat was his only intimate buttocks-acquaintance, $3 million seems a bit excessive for being laughed at for 15 minutes, don’t ya think?

0 Comments: