Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Rome is Burning

In 2004, my household was tense. Newlyweds notwithstanding, we argued continually about the coming presidential election, and ultimately we split (and negated) our votes.

A mere 12 months later, things are much different. My husband is disillusioned and I’m unsurprised, but we’re not arguing anymore.

This is not to say I’m not gloating. I am – but my gloating has nothing to do with the elections. It’s much more personal than that. I’m patting myself on the back because I – an ordinary person – am more adult than our elected leadership.

Have you ever been in a food fight? I’m not talking about a French fry flung across a table, accompanied by giggles. I mean an all-out cafeteria-wide free-for-all, complete with ketchup, dressing, and chocolate pudding.

That’s exactly the visual I have these days of America’s “leaders”. They’re indulging in a verbal donnybrook, complete with insults, invectives, and absolutely astounding childishness. Unfortunately, they’re not in a cafeteria, and these antics are more than embarrassing. They’re irresponsible.

Enough. Stop it. Grow up.

Time for a reality check. We have THREE YEARS to go with the current administration. The Democrats need to stop pontificating for the polls, and the Republicans need to stop avoiding responsibility.

Anybody remember Nero?
While everybody’s fiddling around in the cafeteria, New Orleans, the Gulf Coast, and Iraq are burning... and we all know what happened to Rome.

0 Comments: