Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Changing Stories

I wonder if we'll ever get the straight story - all at one time - about what actually happened in the immediate aftermath of Katrina.

One of the very earliest rumors I had heard (within just a couple of days of the storm) was that prisoners had escaped from the Orleans Parish jail. My brother-in-law called me with that one, but there were so many crazy stories circulating at the time, I declined to say anything because there was no further mention of "loose prisoners". In fact, after about a week, officials were saying nothing like that had happened.

Of course, it turns out that's exactly what happened - which left me wondering what other things might have been "glossed" a bit. I didn't have to wait long. Here's a little more to the ever-evolving "truth":

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — While hundreds drowned in Hurricane Katrina's filthy floodwaters, at least 21 people died more mysteriously. From unexplained gunshot wounds to stabbings and fatal blows to the head, these unidentified victims are now the main characters in a real-life version of "CSI."

That seems to be significantly more than the four that were officially acknowledged. I wonder what else is coming.

0 Comments: