Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 17, 2005

The right thing to say

From the T-P:

As debate continues about how New Orleans should be rebuilt after Hurricane Katrina and whether some areas should get priority, the City Council has made its position clear: All neighborhoods should get equal treatment and should be rebuilt simultaneously.

That is absolutely the correct moral answer, and although the Council’s resolution has zero legal weight, the statement needed making.

Will morality drive the outcome in New Orleans? Is it realistically possible to rebuild an entire city simultaneously? Darned if I know. I continually suffer from Boggled Blogger Syndrome on the astoundingly complex subject of rebuilding New Orleans… but it’s the right answer.

I’m glad they said it.

0 Comments: