Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 05, 2006

John of Gamala

This type of thought process has always fascinated me:

Did Jesus Exist? Court to decide

An Italian court is tackling Jesus -- and whether the Roman Catholic Church may be breaking the law by teaching that he existed 2,000 years ago.

Wow. Very interesting, particularly since I’d never heard of John of Gamala (or Gamala, for that matter). And do you suppose this would be an unbiased court venue? I’m pretty sure I can guess which way an Italian court will rule.

The whole argument reminds me a great deal of the recent controversy kicked up by Holy Blood, Holy Grail (which led to Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code).

Update here: John of Gamala Part 2

0 Comments: