Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 19, 2006

The names of the missing

Every time I think about the devastation in New Orleans, and how they continue to find bodies all these months later, my stomach turns over – because there are still over 3000 people missing.

Where are they?

Are some still in the rubble waiting to be discovered by relatives? Were they washed into Lake Ponchartrain, as some reports are speculating?

I don’t even want to go there in my mind. It’s too terrible a thought. I’m hoping that the vast majority of these folks are at work today, or at school, or just going through the normal activities of life somewhere.

If they are, then somebody probably knows about it. Everybody needs to look at this list of names, and see if they can help answer some really scary questions.

The alternatives are unthinkable.

UPDATE - 8:22 am: One of the missing accounted for already!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger KathieB said;

    Thanks for this link! One of our cousins was listed. We were glad to report he is safe in Baton Rouge.



     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Steve said;

    Polimom,
    Schroeder posted an entry about this link, and I turned it into a sort of "meme", to try and get everyone I know to post a link to the site as well, and for them to do the same. We'll see if it works.



     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Polimom said;

    It would be wonderful if the link to the list itself would start to travel, and I'd LOVE to see names coming off this list as "safe".

    Thanks for promoting the idea. Fingers crossed.



     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home