Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Sleep is a good thing

"Ringing in the New Year" has always been a fairly adult celebration - in large part because most kiddies (certainly mine!) are normally in bed by midnight (and if they're not, they're pretty grumpy).

On the last night of 2005, though, we wanted to celebrate as a family.

Some (of us) went to the Mid City Bonfire, but I wanted to watch the fireworks on the river. It didn't work out that way.

I don't know whether it was the driving around the devastated areas that we did during the day, or the never-ending conversations about trailers, rebuilding, and the future... but whatever it was, it took the "fun" right outta me.

We came home and went to bed before 11 pm.

In retrospect, I'm not all that disappointed (though I was last night). Sleep is a good thing, and greeting the New Year well-rested has a great deal to recommend it! Now I can start fresh, with some energy to go with it.

That's a good thing, cuz we're heading back to Texas today, and it's an unbelievably depressing drive. Pix and more thoughts later... from Katy...

Happy New Year, everybody!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Ray said;

    The only thing more depressing-looking than post-Katrina New Orleans is that stretch of I-10 between Houston and the state line, and it's *always* looked that way.

    Welcome home.



     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home