Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Talent just ain't enough

I haven’t followed college football since my LSU days – and I never paid attention to Virginia Tech. (The Hokies?? What’s a Hokie?) Recently, though, I’ve been watching the idiotic antics of one of their players – Marcus Vick – who just declared his intentions to move to the NFL.

Marcus Vick Arrested On Firearm Charges

Vick had faced a two-game suspension at the beginning of the 2006 season as punishment for stomping the leg of Louisville defensive end Elvis Dumervil during the Hokies' 35-24 victory over the Cardinals in the Gator Bowl on Jan. 2 in Jacksonville, Fla.

But Virginia Tech officials dismissed Vick from the team after learning he had been cited Dec. 17 in Hampton, Va., for driving with a suspended or revoked driver's license and speeding -- the eighth and ninth traffic offenses since he enrolled at Virginia Tech in 2002.

Hard to tell whether this is an impulse-control problem, or an anger management issue. Either way, it looks (to me) like he’s yet another very talented person whose emotional wiring is all messed up. Reminds me a whole lot of Mike Tyson.

0 Comments: