Home

My Photo
Name:Polimom
Location:near Houston, Gulf Coast, United States

Conservatively liberal, moderately well-educated, and highly opinionated...

Contact me




Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Where was Bush today?

Anybody know where George Bush was today? Rumor has it he was in New Orleans, but I don't see how that's possible, when he said,

"It's a great place to find some of the greatest food in the world and some wonderful fun."

Would this be the same place I was a week ago? Wow! Musta been a heck of a lot of progress since then - assuming he and I were looking at the same New Orleans.


I'm all over the concept of positive thinking - but this sounds like maybe they stopped off for a Hurricane (or three) someplace.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger TravelingMermaid said;

    Glad to hear someone else was thinking along the same lines as I. I detected a definate spin in his remarks.....or oblivion.



     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger D. Sorrell said;

    He said it, I read it, in full, at whitehouse.gov. I think NOLA officials were trying to make the city look as good as possible, only showing the least-damaged areas. I think it is a poor P.R. strategy in terms of actually helping the residents. They're on the course of just making a visionary model city with a better tax base structure that should have been revamped years ago, but of little help to the people left out.



     
  • Post a Comment

    << Home